Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") below before placing any order for any of the Goods or Services from http://www.food.jumia.com. By placing an order for any of the Goods or column Services from this Website, whereas it is by phone, through our mobile applications or by any other available channel, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Section 1: Jumia Food Introduction
We are Jumia Food, a brand of http://www.food.jumia.com, unless otherwise stated.
Section 2: Definitions
2.3. "you", "your" and "yours" are references to you, the person accessing this Website, and placing the orders for the Goods or Services we display on it. Access through any other channel provided by Jumia Food will also bound you to these Terms and Conditions;
2.4. "we", "us", "our", and "Jumia Food" are references to the Company;
2.5. "Goods" is a reference to any goods which we may offer for sale from our Website from at a given time;
2.6. "Service" or "Services" is a reference to any service which we may supply and which you may request via our Website;
2.7. "Partner Restaurant" is a third party, which has agreed to co-operate with the Company to prepare and/or deliver the Goods or Services.
2.8. "Food Delivery" references perishable goods and any form of delivery service, both provided by our Partner restaurants and for both of which our Partner restaurants take full responsibility;
2.9. "Website" is a reference to our Website http://www.food.jumia.com.ng, our mobile applications or any other platform we will choose to offer our Goods or services.
Section 3: Ordering
3.1. By placing an order through our Website, you enter into an agreement with Jumia Food with respect to the processing of that order and forwarding it to the Participating Restaurant. If you are paying online, Jumia Food is also responsible for any returns or refunds. However, the Restaurant remains responsible for the preparation, quality and delivery of your order. You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide are for your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
Section 5: Mastercard promotion
This Campaign (“Campaign”) is co-sponsored by MasterCard and Jumia for purchases made by making a payment through JumiaPay on the following Jumia apps, mobile sites and websites (collectively referred to as “Platform”) which Platform is owned and operated by Jumia (“Jumia”, “We” or “Our”).
- Jumia Pay
- Jumia Mall
- Jumia Deals
- Jumia Foods
- Jumia Global
- Jumia Flights
- Jumia Travel
- Registered users of the Platform using a Mastercard card to make the payment (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholder/You/Your”) are eligible to participate in the Campaign on the following terms and conditions. All references to “Card” shall mean Mastercard.
- By participating in the Campaign (defined below), Cardholder agree to be bound by:
- these terms and conditions (“T&C”);
- all applicable terms and conditions of Jumia.
Section 6: Jumia Prime Membership Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all Prime subscriptions purchased from the 1st of April, 2020, onwards. Jumia Prime is a customer loyalty programme which entitles its members to unlimited free delivery on Jumia orders, access to exclusive promotions, and rewards and other partner benefits. These terms and conditions ("Terms") exist between you and Gabi Internet Services Nigeria who operates Jumia Prime and governs both parties’ respective rights and obligations in respect of a subscription to Jumia Prime. These Terms do not replace the Terms and Conditions of Use for your Jumia account, which will continue to apply.
- To qualify for a Jumia Prime Membership, you must meet the following criteria at all times during your Jumia Prime Membership:
- Be located in a participating city within Nigeria where Jumia Prime is operating, as indicated via Jumia app or website
- Be an individual customer, which excludes business customers, corporate accounts and “J-Force” sales consultant;
- Agree to limit your Jumia account to only one user and not share your Jumia account details with any third party. Jumia Prime benefits will only accrue to the named member and are not transferable.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you will not be eligible for a Jumia Prime Membership. If you have been granted membership, but become ineligible, you will be in violation of the Terms. In such cases, Jumia may (at its sole discretion) immediately suspend or terminate your Jumia Prime Membership.
- Jumia reserves the right to refuse Jumia Prime Membership to any customer. Whilst Jumia ensures that the Jumia Prime will be maintained during the whole duration of the subscription it does not ensure the permanent availability of Jumia Prime Memberships.
- Jumia Prime Members give consent for Jumia to use personal information for areas including but not limited to the provision of Jumia’s services, personalisation of the user-experience, advertising and any legal obligation. Jumia has the right to share this information with relevant third-parties.
- Further, a person who does not agree with these terms, should not participate in the Jumia Prime Program.
- A Jumia Prime Membership may be purchased via Jumia’s App or Site, including the Jumia Food App or Site and Jumia Pay App.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email for Jumia Prime Membership will be sent. Jumia Prime Membership will be activated between 1hr - 24 hrs of order confirmation.
Jumia Prime Subscription Period
- Your Jumia Prime Membership period is either three calendar months or six calendar months in length, chosen at the time of purchase.
- Your first Jumia Prime Membership Period will commence on the day you sign up. For example, if your Start Date is 30th March and you choose a three month subscription, your Membership will expire at the end of the 29th of June.
Payment And Billing
- Payment for Jumia Prime must be made by a credit, debit card or direct via Jumia Pay wallet.
- Jumia Prime Membership is non-refundable and non-cancellable after confirmation.
- The renewal of Jumia Prime is not automatic. To enjoy continued Jumia Prime benefits when the Membership period has ended, a new Jumia Prime Membership must be purchased.
Jumia Prime Benefits
- Jumia Prime members will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free delivery on qualifying products
- Rewards at qualifying Third Party Retailers (the “Benefits”)
- Members will access their benefits from 3rd party retailers via a voucher code (unique for each Prime Member), which can be redeemed directly at the participating retailer at checkout or point of payment.
Rules of Use
- Each member is responsible for familiarising themselves with these Terms and any correspondence issued by Jumia to such member to enable the member to understand his or her rights and responsibilities.
- Jumia Prime is not intended for professional usage. Professional usage is defined as when a customer places more than 40 orders per month, or where more than 5 unique delivery addresses are used per individual account. Members in breach of this usage clause may be subject, at Jumia’s sole discretion, to the termination of their Jumia Prime Membership.
- Free delivery is only applicable for certain products bearing the “Jumia Express” tag on their product page and on all Jumia On-Demand Services (Example: Jumia Food).
- Free delivery shall exclude all bulky or large items. These include but are not limited to large furniture, large home & kitchen appliances, home theatre & sound system, air conditioning units. For full details please see the Jumia Prime Page here.
- If only some items in your order are eligible for free delivery, you will pay applicable shipping charges for the ineligible items. Changing or combining orders, or changing your shipping address, or preferences might affect free delivery eligibility.
- During any active Jumia Prime Membership, the maximum delivery fee discount on each order is capped at 10,337 Nigerian Nairas. Any amount above this will be paid by the customer.
- From time to time, Jumia may choose in its sole discretion to add or remove Jumia Prime membership benefits including benefits related to partners (non-Jumia entities).
- Jumia may notify eligible users via email and other communications on items related to Jumia Prime and your Jumia Prime Membership including additional discounts and partnership offers.
- The Benefits cannot be exchanged for cash or used to purchase any gift cards sold on Jumia.
- Jumia does not warrant that the benefits offered by any of its partners shall be valid and redeemable.
Agreement to Changes
- We may change these Terms, or any aspect of Jumia Prime membership, without notice to you. Your continued Membership after we change these terms constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to these changes you must cancel your Membership.
- You may deactivate your Jumia Prime Membership at any time by contacting Jumia customer service. Following cancellation, you will continue to receive the Jumia Prime service for the duration of your current Jumia Prime Membership Period.
- Reimbursement: If you cancel your Jumia Prime Membership, we will not be able to reimburse you with a refund for the existing duration of your subscription.
- We may terminate your Jumia Prime membership at our discretion and without notice. We will not give any refund for termination related to conduct that we determine as in violation of these Terms or any applicable law, involves fraud or misuse of the Jumia Prime membership, or is harmful to our interests or another user.
- Jumia Prime and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Important: None of the Jumia Prime subscriptions can be refunded.
- The Campaign is valid on the first Tuesday of the month during the term of the Campaign. The Campaign is valid from [October, 2019 to September, 2020].
- Under this Campaign, Cardholders will get a 10% instant discount per transaction, capped to a maximum of NGN 2,000 (“Discount”), on the purchase of products sold on the Platform and when completing Your purchase via Mastercard card.
Other Terms and Conditions
- The Campaign is NOT applicable on transactions made using any card that is not a MasterCard.
- The Campaign is NOT applicable on transactions not made through JumiaPay.
- In case of cancellation of Your order, transaction will not qualify for the Campaign. If you cancel or return part of Your order, you will qualify for the Campaign only on the net amount You pay.
- Jumia / MasterCard reserves the right to disqualify the Cardholder(s) from the benefits of the Campaign, if any fraudulent activity is identified as being carried out for availing the benefits under the Campaign or for any other purpose.
- Any person participating in this Campaign shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Jumia / MasterCard reserve the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this Campaign by another Campaign, whether similar to this Campaign or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
- Cardholders are not bound in any way to participate in this Campaign. Any participation is voluntary, and the Campaign is being done purely on a best effort basis.
- Nothing herein amounts to a commitment by Jumia / MasterCard to conduct further, similar or other campaigns.
- The above Campaign is by way of a special Campaign for MasterCard Cardholders only and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the terms and conditions of the card member agreement with the bank. The terms of the above schemes shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms contained in the card member agreement.
- You understand that Jumia may share Your transactional data with MasterCard / Jumia for purposes of this Campaign and for checking Your eligibility for their products and services and by participating in this Campaign, You expressly consent to this sharing of Your data for these purposes.
- Your Transaction data does not contain any personal or sensitive data related to customer bank or personal details.
- Jumia does not endorse any of the products or brands being offered under the Campaign and will not accept any liability pertaining to the quality, merchantability, fitness, delivery or after sales service of such products which shall be at the sole liability to sellers on the Platform.
- All the existing Campaigns, gifts, discounts etc. that are being offered can be availed by Cardholders as part of this exclusive Campaign as mentioned in the communication.
- Pictures of products shown in any communication sent to the customer either through mailers or advertised on the Platform, are representative only and may not bear a resemblance to the actual products. None of the parties shall under any circumstances be responsible towards the same.
- Under no circumstances will the Campaign/Discount being offered under this Campaign be settled with cash in lieu by MasterCard or Jumia.
- Returned transactions, disputed or unauthorized/fraudulent transactions will not be considered for the Campaign.
- Jumia / MasterCard will not entertain any correspondence regarding the validity or acceptability of any additional benefits offered by seller(s) on products/services made available by it and the same shall be at the sole risk and consequences of such seller(s) and without reference to Jumia / MasterCard.
- Jumia / MasterCard or the seller(s) shall not be liable for any failure by Your bank to honor the transaction and for any technical issues attributable to Your bank because of which the transaction made by the Cardholder was not successful.
- All government Levies like Sales Tax, TDS, any Local Tax, Octroi etc., shall be payable by the Cardholder as applicable at the time the respective Campaign.
- This Campaign shall be subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations which are in existence and which may be promulgated anytime by any statutory authority.
- All liability with respect to the products purchased lies with the respective sellers and neither Jumia nor Mastercard shall be in any way responsible for the same.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In the event of any dispute, or disagreement between the parties in relation to this Agreement, the Parties shall at first, meet to negotiate in good faith to settle the matter amicably. Where Parties fail to resolve any matter within 21 days, it shall be referred to a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the parties herein, or in the absence of such agreement, to an Arbitrator appointed by the High Court of Lagos State.
- The provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act (Cap A18) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 shall apply to the arbitral proceedings. The decision of an Arbitrator appointed under this clause shall be final except where there is a manifest error in law or fact or miscarriage of justice.