Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") below before placing any order for any of the Goods or Services from http://www.food.jumia.com. By placing an order for any of the Goods or column Services from this Website, whereas it is by phone, through our mobile applications or by any other available channel, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Section 1: Jumia Food Introduction
We are Jumia Food, a brand of http://www.food.jumia.com, unless otherwise stated.
Section 2: Definitions
2.3. "you", "your" and "yours" are references to you, the person accessing this Website, and placing the orders for the Goods or Services we display on it. Access through any other channel provided by Jumia Food will also bound you to these Terms and Conditions;
2.4. "we", "us", "our", and "Jumia Food" are references to the Company;
2.5. "Goods" is a reference to any goods which we may offer for sale from our Website from at a given time;
2.6. "Service" or "Services" is a reference to any service which we may supply and which you may request via our Website;
2.7. "Partner Restaurant" is a third party, which has agreed to co-operate with the Company to prepare and/or deliver the Goods or Services.
2.8. "Food Delivery" references perishable goods and any form of delivery service, both provided by our Partner restaurants and for both of which our Partner restaurants take full responsibility;
2.9. "Website" is a reference to our Website http://www.food.jumia.com.ng, our mobile applications or any other platform we will choose to offer our Goods or services.
Section 3: Ordering
3.1. By placing an order through our Website, you enter into an agreement with Jumia Food with respect to the processing of that order and forwarding it to the Participating Restaurant. If you are paying online, Jumia Food is also responsible for any returns or refunds. However, the Restaurant remains responsible for the preparation, quality and delivery of your order. You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide are for your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
Section 5: Mastercard promotion
This Campaign (“Campaign”) is co-sponsored by MasterCard and Jumia for
purchases made by making a payment through JumiaPay on the following Jumia apps, mobile sites and websites
(collectively referred to as “Platform”) which Platform is owned and operated by Jumia
(“Jumia”, “We” or “Our”).
- Jumia Pay
- Jumia Mall
- Jumia Deals
- Jumia Foods
- Jumia Global
- Jumia Flights
- Jumia Travel
- Registered users of the Platform using a Mastercard card to make the payment (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholder/You/Your”) are eligible to participate in the Campaign on the following terms and conditions. All references to “Card” shall mean Mastercard.
- By participating in the Campaign (defined below), Cardholder agree to be bound by:
- these terms and conditions (“T&C”);
- all applicable terms and conditions of Jumia.
Section 6: Jumia Prime Membership Terms & Conditions
- These Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions set out the terms on which Jumia provides the Jumia Prime service and benefits to buyers on the Jumia marketplace including the eligibility criteria subscription process and applicable fees.
These Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions are subject to and governed by the Terms and Conditions of use of the Marketplace.
By subscribing to Jumia Prime members agree to these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions as may be amended and published from time to time.
What is Jumia Prime?
- Jumia Prime is a loyalty programme that entitles its members to free delivery on Jumia orders and to access other exclusive promotions rewards and benefits.
What are the benefits of Jumia Prime?
- Jumia Prime members receive free delivery on:
- All Jumia orders EXCEPT items shipped from abroad (bearing Jumia Global tab) and bulky or large items such as large furniture large home/kitchen appliances home theatres sound systems and air conditioning units; and
- all Jumia on-demand services e.g. Jumia Food Jumia Party.
If an order includes both qualifying and non-qualifying items buyers shall be required to pay applicable shipping charges for the non-qualifying items.
Due to restrictions on business/commercial use of Jumia Prime (particularised at section 4 below) we operate a monthly cap on free delivery. Members who exceed this cap will be classed as business/commercial users and their Jumia Prime membership may be cancelled without notice.
Third party promotions rewards and other benefits
- Jumia Prime offers a platform for members to access promotions rewards and other benefits in respect of third party participating products and brands which Jumia may notify to members from time to time.
Benefits are provided by means of a voucher which may be redeemed directly with the participating third-party retailer in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Benefits may not be exchanged for cash or used to purchase any products or gift cards on Jumia.
Jumia may in its sole discretion add or remove Jumia Prime membership benefits.
- If the free shipping that you utlise during the period of your subscription is worth less than the subscription fee we shall refund you the difference via store credit within 7 days of the end of your subscription. Please contact us using the contact form on our website if you require further information on store credit.
The savings promise does not apply to customers who receive their subscription as a gratuity/ did not purchase their subscription.
Who is eligible for Jumia Prime?
- To qualify for Jumia Prime membership you must meet the following criteria at all times during the subscription period:
- you must be located in a participating city as listed on the Jumia Prime Page of the application and website; and
- you must be an individual as Jumia Prime is not intended for professional use which shall include the following:
- business or corporate accounts;
- JForce sales consultant accounts;
- accounts with more than three (3) unique delivery addresses;
- accounts that make more than twenty (20) orders in any given month via Jumia; or
- accounts that make more than forty (40) orders in any given month via Jumia Food app.
In the event that your circumstances change and you cease to meet the eligibility criteria for Jumia Prime you shall be required to notify Jumia and your Jumia Prime membership shall be terminated with immediate effect.
Jumia reserves the right to refuse Jumia Prime membership to any customer in Jumia’s discretion.
How can I subscribe for Jumia Prime membership?
- Jumia Prime membership may be purchased via all Jumia applications and websites including Jumia Food and Jumia Pay.
Following purchase a confirmation email will be sent to the new member. Jumia Prime membership will be activated immediately with free delivery benefits applied across the Jumia and Jumia food applications and websites.
Jumia Prime membership is personal to the member and shall be used exclusively by the registered member and all Jumia Prime benefits shall accrue to the registered member only. Jumia Prime benefits are not transferable.
What is the price of membership?
- The Jumia Prime membership fee varies subject to your own location and the duration of your chosen membership plan. Details are available on the Free Delivery page of Jumia’s website or application.
Payment for Jumia Prime may be made by credit debit card or direct or via Jumia Pay wallet or such payment method as Jumia may direct on its website and applications.
How long will my membership last?
- We offer the following membership plans:
- One (1) calendar month;
- three (3) calendar months;
- six (6) calendar months; or
- one (1) year.
The membership period commences on the date of confirmation. For example if you purchase your subscription and thereafter receive a confirmation email on 30th March and you choose a three month subscription your membership will expire at the end of the day on 29th June.
The renewal of Jumia Prime is not automatic. To enjoy continued Jumia Prime benefits when the membership period has ended a new Jumia Prime membership must be purchased.
Jumia Prime lifetime membership
- Jumia Prime lifetime membership incorporates ten annual subscriptions only.
Jumia Prime lifetime membership is awarded exceptionally (it cannot be purchased).
Jumia may at any time and entirely in its discretion revoke Jumia Prime lifetime membership subject to compensation of the subscription value (based on prices at the time of revocation) for the remaining duration of the ten year membership term.
All Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions (including exclusion of professional use) shall apply to lifetime members. In the event of a lifetime member’s violation of these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws Jumia shall revoke membership without any compensation.
Can I cancel my membership?
- Your Jumia Prime membership is non-refundable and so if you cancel your membership you shall not be reimbursed in respect of subscriptions fees paid.
We may cancel your Jumia Prime membership at our discretion and without notice. If we do so we will give you a prorated refund based on the number of full months remaining in your membership.
We shall not however provide any refund for cancellation related to conduct that we determine is fraudulent or in violation of these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws.
We may cease or suspend the sale of new Jumia Prime memberships at any time at our discretion.
- If you have any questions about these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions please contact us using the contact form on our website.