Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") below before placing any order for any of the Goods or Services from http://www.food.jumia.com. By placing an order for any of the Goods or column Services from this Website, whereas it is by phone, through our mobile applications or by any other available channel, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Section 1: Jumia Food Introduction
We are Jumia Food, a brand of http://www.food.jumia.com, unless otherwise stated.
Section 2: Definitions
2.3. "you", "your" and "yours" are references to you, the person accessing this Website, and placing the orders for the Goods or Services we display on it. Access through any other channel provided by Jumia Food will also bound you to these Terms and Conditions;
2.4. "we", "us", "our", and "Jumia Food" are references to the Company;
2.5. "Goods" is a reference to any goods which we may offer for sale from our Website from at a given time;
2.6. "Service" or "Services" is a reference to any service which we may supply and which you may request via our Website;
2.7. "Partner Restaurant" is a third party, which has agreed to co-operate with the Company to prepare and/or deliver the Goods or Services.
2.8. "Food Delivery" references perishable goods and any form of delivery service, both provided by our Partner restaurants and for both of which our Partner restaurants take full responsibility;
2.9. "Website" is a reference to our Website http://www.food.jumia.com.ng, our mobile applications or any other platform we will choose to offer our Goods or services.
Section 3: Ordering
3.1. By placing an order through our Website, you enter into an agreement with Jumia Food with respect to the processing of that order and forwarding it to the Participating Restaurant. If you are paying online, Jumia Food is also responsible for any returns or refunds. However, the Restaurant remains responsible for the preparation, quality and delivery of your order. You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide are for your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
Section 5: Mastercard promotion
This Campaign (“Campaign”) is co-sponsored by MasterCard and Jumia for
purchases made by making a payment through JumiaPay on the following Jumia apps, mobile sites and websites
(collectively referred to as “Platform”) which Platform is owned and operated by Jumia
(“Jumia”, “We” or “Our”).
- Jumia Pay
- Jumia Mall
- Jumia Deals
- Jumia Foods
- Jumia Global
- Jumia Flights
- Jumia Travel
- Registered users of the Platform using a Mastercard card to make the payment (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholder/You/Your”) are eligible to participate in the Campaign on the following terms and conditions. All references to “Card” shall mean Mastercard.
- By participating in the Campaign (defined below), Cardholder agree to be bound by:
- these terms and conditions (“T&C”);
- all applicable terms and conditions of Jumia.
Section 6: Jumia Prime Membership Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all Prime subscriptions purchased from the 1st of March, 2021, onwards. Jumia Prime is a customer loyalty programme which entitles its members to unlimited free delivery on Jumia orders, access to exclusive promotions, and rewards and other partner benefits. These terms and conditions ("Terms") exist between you and Gabi Internet Services Nigeria who operates Jumia Prime and governs both parties’ respective rights and obligations in respect of a subscription to Jumia Prime. These Terms do not replace the Terms and Conditions of Use for your Jumia account, which will continue to apply.
These Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions set out the terms on which Jumia provides the Jumia Prime service and benefits to buyers on the Jumia marketplace, including the eligibility criteria, subscription process and applicable fees.
These Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions are subject to and governed by the Terms and Conditions of use of the Marketplace.
By subscribing to Jumia Prime members agree to these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions as may be amended and published from time to time.
What is Jumia Prime?
Jumia Prime is a loyalty programme that entitles its members to free delivery on Jumia orders and to access other exclusive promotions, rewards and benefits.
What are the benefits of Jumia Prime?
Jumia Prime members receive free delivery on:
- All Jumia Orders except i) all items shipped from abroad (bearing Jumia Global tab) ii) any bulky or large items such as large furniture, large home/kitchen appliances, home theatres, sound systems, and air conditioning units; and
- all Jumia on-demand services e.g. Jumia Food, Jumia Party.
If an order includes both qualifying and non-qualifying items, buyers shall be required to pay applicable shipping charges for the non-qualifying items.
Due to restrictions on business/commercial use of Jumia Prime (particularised at section 4 below) we operate a monthly cap on free delivery. Members who exceed this cap will be classed as business/commercial users and their Jumia Prime membership may be cancelled without notice.
Third party promotions, rewards and other benefits
Jumia Prime offers a platform for members to access promotions, rewards and other benefits in respect of third party participating products and brands, which Jumia may notify to members from time to time.
Benefits are provided by means of a voucher, which may be redeemed directly with the participating third-party retailer in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Benefits may not be exchanged for cash or used to purchase any products or gift cards on Jumia.
Jumia may in its sole discretion add or remove Jumia Prime membership benefits.
Who is eligible for Jumia Prime?
To qualify for Jumia Prime membership you must meet the following criteria at all times during the subscription period:
- you must be located in a participating city as listed on the Jumia Prime Page of the application and website; and
- you must be an individual, as Jumia Prime is not intended for professional use.
The following accounts are not eligible for Jumia Prime:
- business or corporate accounts;
- JForce sales consultant accounts;
- accounts with more than three (3) unique delivery addresses;
- accounts that make more than twenty (20) orders in any given month via Jumia; and
- accounts that make more than forty (40) orders in any given month via Jumia Food app.
In the event that your circumstances change and you cease to meet the eligibility criteria for Jumia Prime, you shall be required to notify Jumia and your Jumia Prime membership shall be terminated with immediate effect.
Jumia reserves the right to refuse Jumia Prime membership to any customer, in Jumia’s discretion.
Your Jumia Prime subscription
How can I subscribe for Jumia Prime membership?
Jumia Prime membership may be purchased via all Jumia applications and websites, including Jumia Food and Jumia Pay.
Following purchase, a confirmation email will be sent to the new member. Jumia Prime membership will be activated immediately, with free delivery benefits applied across the Jumia and Jumia food applications and websites.
Jumia Prime membership is personal to the member and shall be used exclusively by the registered member and all Jumia Prime benefits shall accrue to the registered member only. Jumia Prime benefits are not transferable.
What is the price of membership?
The Jumia Prime membership fee varies subject to your on location and the duration of your chosen membership plan. Details are available on the “Free Delivery” page of Jumia’s website or application.
Payment for Jumia Prime may be made by credit, debit card or direct or via Jumia Pay wallet or such payment method as Jumia may direct on its website and applications.
How long will my membership last?
We offer the following membership plans:
- One (1) calendar month;
- three (3) calendar months;
- six (6) calendar months; or
- one (1) year.
The membership period commences on the date of confirmation. For example, if you purchase your subscription and thereafter receive a confirmation email on 30th March and you choose a three month subscription, your membership will expire at the end of the day on 29th June.
The renewal of Jumia Prime is not automatic. To enjoy continued Jumia Prime benefits when the membership period has ended, a new Jumia Prime membership must be purchased.
Can I cancel my membership?
Your Jumia Prime membership is non-refundable and so if you cancel your membership you shall not be reimbursed in respect of subscriptions fees paid.
We may cancel your Jumia Prime membership at our discretion and without notice. If we do so, we will give you a prorated refund based on the number of full months remaining in your membership.
We shall not, however, provide any refund for cancellation related to conduct that we determine is fraudulent or in violation of these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws.
We may cease or suspend the sale of new Jumia Prime memberships at any time, at our discretion.
If you have any questions about these Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions, please contact us using the contact form on our website.
- The Campaign is valid on the first Tuesday of the month during the term of the Campaign. The Campaign is valid from [October, 2019 to September, 2020].
- Under this Campaign, Cardholders will get a 10% instant discount per transaction, capped to a maximum of NGN 2,000 (“Discount”), on the purchase of products sold on the Platform and when completing Your purchase via Mastercard card.
Other Terms and Conditions
- The Campaign is NOT applicable on transactions made using any card that is not a MasterCard.
- The Campaign is NOT applicable on transactions not made through JumiaPay.
- In case of cancellation of Your order, transaction will not qualify for the Campaign. If you cancel or return part of Your order, you will qualify for the Campaign only on the net amount You pay.
- Jumia / MasterCard reserves the right to disqualify the Cardholder(s) from the benefits of the Campaign, if any fraudulent activity is identified as being carried out for availing the benefits under the Campaign or for any other purpose.
- Any person participating in this Campaign shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Jumia / MasterCard reserve the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this Campaign by another Campaign, whether similar to this Campaign or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
- Cardholders are not bound in any way to participate in this Campaign. Any participation is voluntary, and the Campaign is being done purely on a best effort basis.
- Nothing herein amounts to a commitment by Jumia / MasterCard to conduct further, similar or other campaigns.
- The above Campaign is by way of a special Campaign for MasterCard Cardholders only and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the terms and conditions of the card member agreement with the bank. The terms of the above schemes shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms contained in the card member agreement.
- You understand that Jumia may share Your transactional data with MasterCard / Jumia for purposes of this Campaign and for checking Your eligibility for their products and services and by participating in this Campaign, You expressly consent to this sharing of Your data for these purposes.
- Your Transaction data does not contain any personal or sensitive data related to customer bank or personal details.
- Jumia does not endorse any of the products or brands being offered under the Campaign and will not accept any liability pertaining to the quality, merchantability, fitness, delivery or after sales service of such products which shall be at the sole liability to sellers on the Platform.
- All the existing Campaigns, gifts, discounts etc. that are being offered can be availed by Cardholders as part of this exclusive Campaign as mentioned in the communication.
- Pictures of products shown in any communication sent to the customer either through mailers or advertised on the Platform, are representative only and may not bear a resemblance to the actual products. None of the parties shall under any circumstances be responsible towards the same.
- Under no circumstances will the Campaign/Discount being offered under this Campaign be settled with cash in lieu by MasterCard or Jumia.
- Returned transactions, disputed or unauthorized/fraudulent transactions will not be considered for the Campaign.
- Jumia / MasterCard will not entertain any correspondence regarding the validity or acceptability of any additional benefits offered by seller(s) on products/services made available by it and the same shall be at the sole risk and consequences of such seller(s) and without reference to Jumia / MasterCard.
- Jumia / MasterCard or the seller(s) shall not be liable for any failure by Your bank to honor the transaction and for any technical issues attributable to Your bank because of which the transaction made by the Cardholder was not successful.
- All government Levies like Sales Tax, TDS, any Local Tax, Octroi etc., shall be payable by the Cardholder as applicable at the time the respective Campaign.
- This Campaign shall be subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations which are in existence and which may be promulgated anytime by any statutory authority.
- All liability with respect to the products purchased lies with the respective sellers and neither Jumia nor Mastercard shall be in any way responsible for the same.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In the event of any dispute, or disagreement between the parties in relation to this Agreement, the Parties shall at first, meet to negotiate in good faith to settle the matter amicably. Where Parties fail to resolve any matter within 21 days, it shall be referred to a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the parties herein, or in the absence of such agreement, to an Arbitrator appointed by the High Court of Lagos State.
- The provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act (Cap A18) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 shall apply to the arbitral proceedings. The decision of an Arbitrator appointed under this clause shall be final except where there is a manifest error in law or fact or miscarriage of justice.
- The "JPAY5" voucher is valid until from the 5th of October 2020 till October 31st 2020 and applies only on orders paid online. The maximum discount amount is ₦ 450. Jumia Food reserves the right to modify or cancel the voucher without notice.